The stars of the show in this recipe are bright colored plants that contain antioxidants and important vitamins. Watermelon is high in vitamin C and the antioxidant lycopene while cucumbers are high in vitamin K. Pumpkin seeds are a good source of iron, minerals and protein while the celery is a great addition of fiber as well as crunchy texture and the mint is refreshing when it's hot. This recipe serves 2-4 people.
You will need:
- about 3 cups chopped watermelon
- 1 small or 1/2 extra large cucumber, peeled and quartered
- 3-5 ribs chopped celery
- about a handful of fresh mint sprigs
- approximately a 1/4 cup of pumpkins seeds - toasted
- 1 avocado - cubed
- about 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste if preferred
1. Toast the pumpkin seed on medium heat. Be careful not to burn them. It can happen fast.
2. Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and douse with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Mix it all up.
4. Serve on top of a bed of greens.