I love mint and try to use it frequently when it's abundantly available as a seasonal summer herb and one day when I had an extra pepper laying around I decided to try this combo and it was SO yummy! The second time I made it I added a little yogurt as the jalapeno definitely had a kick and the yogurt helped cool it down. Smoothies can be eaten anytime of day but I like them best for breakfast.
- 2 handfuls of spinach or kale or romaine or 1 handful each of some combination of those 2
- 3/4 banana
- 1/4 fruit - I used a frozed tropical mix i.e. mango, papaya, pineapple
- 1/2 - 1 small jalapeno de seeded
- 1 handful of fresh mint
- 1 cup of coconut water and 2 cups water or 3 cups water
- optional: a dollop of plain yogurt
- optional: protein powder (I pretty much always add protein to smoothies. May favorite its Garden of Life's "Raw Protein".
Blend together adding the liquid last. This will make enough for 2 people or 1 really hungry person like myself :)